Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Great Confessor

Since I was little, people have always told me things without me questioning them. My children say it's because I look people in the face and smile which opens the door for everyone to come on in to my space and begin talking. I love hearing what folks have to say!

Today, a man who can completely block all light from entering my office doorway just by planting himself in the entry stopped in to tell me about his morning. He grabbed my hand and said, "See the size of your diamond? Well, I passed a kidney stone the same size this morning. And, the second one was a third of an inch long and thinner."

An octogenarian friend of mine told me she sleeps naked and never gets cold because she has a down comforter. Plus, her husband loves it!

Tonight, I was chatting with Neighbor Terry after our walk. Riley Dog was waiting patiently on his leash as we flapped jaws. As we turned to head home, Neighbor Terry said, "I think Riley just peed on my foot." Droplets did adorn the sidewalk where her foot had just been standing. Riley Dog, it is NOT nice to pee on your friends!

Now, I'm off to see what my friends at GLEE have to say!

16 comments:

Sharon said...

I believe there must be hidden meaning in what you say........

I hope you are doing well! Take care Anna!

Barbara said...

I think when you combine all of those events it means you will win the lottery.

Anonymous said...

You must have that look that says, "Tell me your innermost secrets." Just think if the CIA had an agent like you!

Liz

Jenny said...

You make me laugh every day!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I must have a non threatening look cause people are always talking to me in stores and asking my opinion on things. It's weird but maybe better then kidney stone stories!! Riley dog!....lol.

Kansas Amy said...

That's awesome that people are open with you.. I decided one day people are open with me because I'm such an open book myself. But I don't think I'd be telling anyone the things that you've been hearing!

jamie@midcenturymania said...

My husband says I have "vent here" posted on my forehead...today my gynecologist launched into a rant about the state of the economy while I sat there helplessly in my paper gown, unable to escape. I feel your pain. Really, I do..

Rose H (UK) said...

I'd be too worried what I might tell you if we ever met! I'll be smiling all day now :o)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

This Ozark farm chick had a guy call yesterday and wanted to make like a marriage councilor to heal his marriage. They filed for divorce Saturday. What's with that! Heeehehe!

You must just be very approachable. Humm, a blessing and a curse!

God bless and have a very interesting day!!! :o)

Little Messy Missy said...

Naughty dog, did I tell you I am tired and can't wait for winter so I can stop doing yard work, canning and gardening. Gee why did I just say that????

Anonymous said...

Do you sometimes say TMI? Too funny!

Chicken Boys said...

I have chiggers all around my ankles. I"ve coated them with clear finger nail polish, but they are still ithcing like crazy!! Thank God they're not kidney stones!
~Randy

KobysCache said...

You made me laugh and smile, thanks so much!

Amber Von Felts said...

Ha! Thats awesome! What a wierd privilege to be the "listener" WHat happens if you drop weird stories on them? Oh wait, maybe thats why you have this blog ;-)

Legacy of Love said...

Hi Chicken Lady,
Love your post on Riley dog (We used to have a Riley dog as well but don't recall him ever peeing on our neighbors; he did however chew a few remotes, etc.)
Got a great chuckle from reading your post!
God Bless
julie

Yarni Gras! said...

hahaha! hey....let me tell you something about me that is a bit TMI....