Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Sunday, April 25, 2010

What Do You Think?

A couple of months ago, I bought a truck load of old barn wood. Tony has all of the equipment to make picture frames. My plan was to get him to teach me how to make frames. I would pick up vintage prints and make very rustic frames for them.

The sun worked against me and the print on this photo, but the frame looks really good. I like the nail holes, knots and age of the wood.

Here's a better photo of the print.

This hummingbird bee is a page from an old book. I love the graphics. I think this frame and print is my favorite so far.

This is a square frame with a crusty old mirror in it. It's hard to get a photo of a mirror to show the details.

So, what do you think?

18 comments:

linda said...

Excellent idea. The frames are great, and i really like the mirror one.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I think they are awesome!! Love the wood and you have some really cute prints.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love them! Especially the mirror!

More, more!

Liz

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love them. We have a picture from the 70's that is a beautiful scene on a piece of barnwood that was burnt into the wood.

BadPenny said...

I think if I lived near you I would be buying some of those ! Old black & white illustrations from books in them - heaven

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Love them!!! Mom got an oil painting of the sea and framed with a driftwood/old barn wood frame and it looks fantastic! Love the look of old wood frames like yours...

Zootsuitmama said...

Those are great! I see so many cool pix in magazines from back then (or cookbooks, books, etc) and don't know what to do with them!
Zootsuitmama

Jenny said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Jill said...

The mirror and the book page one are really awesome. I would love to learn to make frames. We have the power miter saw. Just need the know how! Maybe this will be your new job! How is the job hunt going?

Rose H (UK) said...

Love them! Rustic and beautiful.

Barbara said...

I'll take 10. You are taking orders for them, right?

Very, very nice!

Little Messy Missy said...

Love it! Great idea!

Anne Lorys said...

I love 'em!
Barn wood kicks butt! :-)

Anne

Legacy of Love said...

Hello,

Those are great frames and would look good in most decors! Great job.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your nice comments on my shadowbox.

have a nice evening

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ohmygosh! LOVE IT!!!! I've always liked old barn wood! I bet you could make a ton of money selling those!

High five!

red.neck chic said...

i think they are AWESOME!!! LOVE the frames!!! And the prints are neat too!!!

;-) robelyn

Terri Robbins said...

In pictures #1 and #2, do you know what that little farm boy is holding? It's a "cigar box". They are the rage now in the "blues world", and I'm going to make you a cd and video of my favorite cigar box player from Memphis,, Richard Johnston, and another from Florida, Ben Prestage. You'll get hooked!
(cigar box guitars were made back in the cotton pickin' days when money was tight and broom sticks and cigar boxes were plentiful discards...
I have pictures if I knew how to attach.

Amy said...

Love love love that idea! The frames are great and the prints are a great way to accent the frames.