Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Updates!

Blonde Moment


I told my Mom, aunts and cousin about the conversation Kim and I had and my lack of understanding her analogy of vision loss. All 4 of them thought the same thing I did. How does her brain know it is 9:00. Blonde-ness is inherited! By the way, none of us have blonde hair!





Another Bird Story



The hummingbirds are coming in pairs now. They survived the snap frost last week. Within a few weeks, they will be having sword fights over our table on the back porch, trying to keep all others away. One hummingbird really needs to drink 2 cups of sugar water all by himself.




Talking Dirty!



Tony read my post about the nasty toilets in our house. It dawned on him that he was rather tired of our plunger-required toilets. As fate would have it, a plumber came in to his office the same day, and Tony told him about our dilemma. The plumber told him about a toilet that complies with the water conservation laws, but has a wider hole to "allow a football to pass." The plumber's words, not mine! It will be installed in the next few weeks. Yea!




Diet Coke Rules!


It has been three weeks since I started drinking two cups of water before I'm allowed to have a Diet Coke. While I have cut back on the number of Diet Cokes I drink each day, there is another advantage, too. Before, I would get up 3 to 5 times every night to pee, usually only a cap-full, but the urge was enough to wake me up. I noticed earlier this week that I have been sleeping through the night without any bathroom trips by the light of the television.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Must be the lack of caffenine? I know that acts as a diaretic (sp) or however you spell it! II guess that is a good thing though!

Emily Cole said...

I have heard of the caffeine causing that problem... it looks like you've found a great (and healthy) solution!