Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Monday, May 11, 2009

Flashbacks!

Yesterday, we were in the car for the one hour trip from Nashville to Wake Forest. As usual, we bickered about which radio station to listen to. I want country, Tony wants NPR, the kids like the oldies (70's and 80's, when did that happen?) on The River. To eliminate whining, the grown-ups gave in to the kids.

Queen, The Clash, Boston, The Eagles. Then, Atlanta Rhythm Section's "So Into You" came on. I got the giggles. When this song came out in 1976, I was just 11. To my young ears, I heard, "When you walked into the room, there was do-do in your eyes." I couldn't believe someone had written a song about such a disgusting matter. And, how exactly did she get do-d0 in her eyes? Was she looking at the sky when a bird flew over? Did her cat have an attitude problelm? Maybe somebody threw it at her? It was quite a few years later before I realized what the REAL words are.

"When you walked into the room, there was voodoo in the vibes."

Now, I ask you, which song would you rather listen too? I still hear "do-do" and I'm 43.

No comments: