Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Electric Magnetism

Whenever I go to the grocery store, it doesn't seem to matter which one, I receive regular zaps from my grocery cart. Usually, it is a very mild zing to the palm of my hand that requires me to let go of the handle and shake out my hands. Sometimes, it is full on blue arcs of electricity between me and the handle. Does this ever happen to anyone else?

The worst it ever happened was about a month ago. Will and I were perusing the shelves in WalMart. Everything I touched zapped me. Just joking, I pointed my finger at Will and slowly moved toward him. The blue shot from my fingertip and exploded into his arm. The rest of that shopping trip was spent seeing who could shock the other the most. Unfortunately, it worked in reverse as well, so he could point his finger at me and sparks would jump from me to his finger. We walked through WallyWorld giggle, zapping and hollering, "OUCH!"

Am I an anomaly or is it just my magnetic personality? Should I worry about synging the ends of my hair? Would real lightning bolts be attracted to me, too? Great! More stupid stuff to worry about!

1 comment:

Vintage Christine said...

The same thing happens to me but probably not as often since the air is hardly ever dry enough to produce static electricity. I never see anyone else jumping away as they touch metal freezer handles, so I'm sure some of my fellow shoppers steer clear of me when they see me tapping the handles with my elbows before I try to open the door. Darn it though, I've never witnessed the blue flame!!