Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Thursday, September 24, 2009

White Trash Country

My favorite morning radio crew, Bob and the Showgram on G105, do a weekly show on their sister station, 106.1 Rooster Country. Bob wanted to combine his sense of humor and his love of old-school country music into a weekly show. It used to be called Bobby J's White Trash Country, but when they decided to pursue syndication, the higher ups thought the name might be offensive to other stations and/or their listeners. It is now known as Bobby J's Honky Tonk Country. His morning sidekick, Weird Creepy Jon, turns into Tater every Thursday night. Regardless of which show he is on, Jon is forced to do anything that will embarrass him and make him scream. Often, alcohol is involved.

During the morning show, they often have me laughing so hard that tears stream down my face. This week, they did The Wheel of Getting a Snake Massage. The two losers have to spin the wheel and do whatever punishment it lands on. The squeals from Mike, the 250 pound, hairy-everywhere-but-his-head-bleeper-of all-cuss-words guy, when they put a little corn snake on his back were so funny, I nearly slid down in the shower. Other Wheel Of's include getting shocked with a bug zapper, mooning your boss, eating lint, and snorting Kool Aid.

Tonight, I was listening to Bobby J while, once again, I was in the shower. They played a song called "Rebelicious". I don't know who sings it, but it's hilarious. Who needs Fergie? They followed it up with an old-school song from Loretta and Conway called "You're the Reason Our Kids are Ugly." If I keep listening to them, I'm going to have to put bumper pads in the shower.

I do believe my redneck roots are showing!

No comments: