Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Know I Didn't Just See That!

On the way home from the library, I was be chauffeured by my 15 year old son. Now that I have gotten a little more used to his driving, I'm able to relax and look around (I still can't let go of the "OH SHIT" bar, but I'm making progress!) I see a couple on the sidewalk who are obviously taking their dog for a walk. The woman reaches in her pocket, removes a tissue and wipes the dog's hiney. Why? Did she put the tissue back in her pocket? Was the dog embarrassed? I was!

Riley Dog, I love you dearly. I'll remove ticks from your ears; I'll let you lick the dinner plates; I'll even bag your poops if it should fall in a neighbor's yard. But, Darling Dog, I vow never to wipe your ass!

3 comments:

Vintage Christine said...

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I saw my 275 pound father wipe the ass of his 5 pound poodle. It was one of those major OMG moments.

Lady and Librarian said...

There are no words.

Stacey said...

Wow. That's the funniest thing I've heard this week.
Hope you are well- miss you guys!