Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Friday, November 20, 2009

Estate Sale Bliss!

Last night, I got an e-mail from EstateSales.net telling me about an estate sale just 20 minutes away. I looked at the photos, thought it looked like fun and set off to rummage!

Look what I found!




The snow shovel with the extending handle is destined to be a sign! The bulletin board is already hanging in my basement workshop.




The plastic box with fruit on it has a crumb sweep inside! Two decks of cards show dogs playing poker. The cookie tin was hand-painted. Daisies are so happy!

A friend told me to put sprigs of rosemary in a green glass bottle to root. Check! The purple one was too pretty to leave behind!




Vintage Christmas ornaments make me smile!

This little guy balances on skis and has ear-muff-tufts.




This vintage golf ball basket has so much potential! And the pillowcases inside will soon be pillowcase dresses!





This wicker bell is now a project! I have sprayed it with primer and hope to get some red paint on it tomorrow. I'll hang a red glass ball from the ribbon inside. It will be a silent clapper!




These German Die Cuts jumped off the stairs and into my hands!



Tony loves history! This book is perfect for him!

There are a few things I can't show you since they are being sent to some on-line buddies and friends who read my blog! You'll just have to wait!

Even Skippy had to check out my goodies! This was $34 well spent!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow- What a haul! Looks like you had a ton of fun:) Hope you have a blessed holiday and hope to see you next weekend at the Trunk Show. I really miss all my Raleigh friends...But it's nice to know I can always catch up through their blogs!

Vintage Christine said...

You did good! Estate sales are fun when they're not overpriced and if you're just looking for stuff to repurpose you can always find great deals. I go looking for things to reSELL and am usually unhappy. And yet . . . I received a notice from EstateSales.net and tried to ignore it but I think I'm going to drive 2 hours to check it out (Baton Rouge, LA)--the best stuff will be gone since it started yesterday but who knows???

Jenny said...

FUN!!!

Mary said...

Always knew you had the treasure hunting gene.....big time! Great finds Anna.

Just read back about your Riley, hope he is healing well, poor baby.
Also, Tony's pics are fabulous.

Will you be at the party next week? Hope so, I've missed you.