Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Progress...

Last week, I told ya'll about the job offer I had gotten but turned it down. What I didn't tell you was that I offered to fill in for them temporarily until I find a full time, high paying job with benefits or they find someone to fill their administrative assistant position permanently.

During the interview, I was told how unorganized the office had gotten since the previous assistant had left. I figured, I could help get things organized and updated for the next person.

Since I didn't hear anything back from them last week, I figured they had found a full time person...until yesterday. I got an e-mail saying they would like to take me up on my offer. I'll go in tomorrow to fill out paperwork and maybe start weeding through and learning whats expected.

I'm hoping this will be a helpful addition on my resume that is seriously lacking employment in the new millennium! Send good vibes my way!

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Woo-Hoo! Hope it all goes well! You can usually find a job if you have one ;)
Hugs, Lisa

Sharon said...

{{{GOOD}}}-{{{VIBES}}}

Sure hope you can feel them!

~Sharon

Barbara said...

I've actually gotten hired on doing stuff like that. You'll probably impress the hell out of them and they'll make a FT position for you. Good luck!

And thanks so much for the box...see my blog!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations!! and GOD Bless!!
Hugs and prayers,
andrea

PS: Sitka has an award for you at All Gods Creatures.
http://andrealuvsallgodscreatures.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, Anna...good luck! I bet they can really use your organization skills!

Liz

P.S. That chicken has been hanging around my house at night, clucking like she's talking to ghosts. I've named her Lucille because her feathers of the color of Lucille Ball's hair.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I've heard it said that it is easier to find a job when you have a job! Great idea to work temporarily! Go Girl!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Congrats! All work is good work. It leads to other work. Either you will get hired on there full time or impress them so much they'll help you find a job at a place one of them knows about. =)

Zootsuitmama said...

Great! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, sending positive vibes your way! ZOotsuitmama

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Well done you.

ted and bunny said...

Hugest amount of vibes coming your way- Air Mail Priority of course!
This really feels like it'll lead to what you want, directly or indirectly.
Will you be taking that little chick with you to do the IT work? :)
xxxx

Queenie Jeannie said...

Good luck!! I think this will be great for you. It will give you something to do without the "pressure" of having to be perfect for the job. Knowing it's temporary would be rather liberating!!!

Unless of course it winds up being better than expected and they up the pay!!

Vintage Christine said...

Wow! That is great news, and I totally agree that it's always easier (for some unknown reason) to get a job when you're already employed. Maybe it's because you don't give off those "I'M DESPERATE" vibes or something. It's always fun to go into a messy office and straighten it up--people will think you're Superwoman. Have fun!!! Hey, wait a minute--if you're working, you still have to blog, sister!

Chicken Boys said...

Sweet! Can Melvin go to work with you?
~Randy

baukje said...

Good luck et bon courage......

Arlene said...

Is the job being a secretary? Wasn't too sure from the post, but maybe I missed something.

Amber Von Felts said...

Yeah, I'm worried about Melvin too... I guess he does have an actual mother, but he was learning the computer so fast with you. Maybe he can be your assistant. LOL! Congrats!

red.neck chic said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D
robelyn