Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Monday, October 26, 2009

Snarky Signs Contest

Okay, this is my first attempt at a contest! I'll be adding a sidebar for this soon, so you won't have to scroll through my blog looking for this post. Tell your friends about it. Enter whenever you have a good quote! FYI: I love bathroom humor! On November 15, I'll choose 3 quotes that make me laugh the hardest. I'll paint your sign and mail it to you!


Why a Snarky Sign Contest? I love making signs but am tired of seeing the same ones over and over. The quote has to be short so it will fit on a piece of wood or tin. It can be just one or two words...something you don't expect to see on a sign, or a short sentence. I prefer funny over serious.


I was recently motivated to start painting signs again after I purchased this package of napkins:





I wanted a sign with this quote to hang on my front porch. I painted the words on a broken piece of bead board:




Here's what you do...either send an e-mail with your snarky quote to annasbasement@gmail.com or click on the comments link below and post it there. I'll collect the entries and list them in the sidebar I'm working on. I hope to have it up by Wednesday. On the 15th, I'll choose the winners. I'll paint their signs, take photos, and post them (on the blog and in the mail!) I hope to have lots of entries to choose from!

No comments: