Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bless His Heart

You know us southerners, we can say anything bad about somebody else as long as we preface it with "bless his heart."



With that said, bless his heart, my Skippy Chick is so dingy, he didn't come in out of the rain. This morning, it is 40 degrees and pouring. I opened Skippy's cage, thinking he would hang out in the garage with Riley Dog. But NO! He went to the front yard, stood under the bird feeder and looked up at the sky. Which bird is it that drowns because it is looking up trying to figure out where the rain is coming from? I'm thinking ostrich! Poor Skippy must have ostrich blood in his chicken body.



I put on my raincoat and went on a rescue mission. I took him to the chicken house thinking he would hang out with the girls. But NO! Again, bless his heart, he is scared of my three old lady hens. He could stay inside the henhouse and be dry. Instead, he bolted, looking over his shoulder to make sure Ruby wasn't going to get him. Once outside, he returned to staring at the sky.



My Skippy Chick is about to turn into my Skippy Rooster. Monday morning, I heard a yodeling cock-a-doodle-doo coming from the garage. When I opened the door, Riley Dog glared at me with a "what the hell?" look on his face. This morning, my Skippy was so proud of his new noise, he did it twice on command. He's so smart! I think I'll have to try my hand at videoing Skippy tomorrow morning so you can see how funny he sounds while he is learning this new skill. Stay tuned.


Here's hoping I won't have to wring out my rooster at the end of the day!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Can't wait for the video!! It was nice to see you today!

Stacey said...

Looking forward to seeing this all in action:)