Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Eleventh Day of Christmas

On the eleventh day of Christmas, my trips to auctions and antique stores brought to me my collection of vintage glass Christmas ornaments. I have more than 11, but here are my favorite 11 photos.


I'm afraid to hang these on the tree for fear that happy tails (mine and Riley's) might knock them off. I use them in a wire basket on the dining room table!

I found two of these cute little fellows at SuzAnna's Antiques Christmas Open House. I had to have them. I nearly put them back when Linda, the queen of shopping therapy, said she thought they looked like Satan. You know what I see when I look at them now, right!
I love the funky shapes and the painting on them. They aren't as clean as I would like for them to be, but I learned my lesson last year when I tried to wash one. I was left with a glass ball flecked with paint. Don't try this at home!

These are for my Atomic friends! You gotta love these designs.
Aren't these colors fabulous! When I whip out my paints and brushes, they never look quite like these. Instead, they look like a preschooler went haywire!
This one has shape, color, indentions and sparkles!

These little fellows are the size of a walnut. A different color of glitter surrounds the indentions.

Santa on a glove has an Asian flare to it. After handling these vintage ornaments, vintage glitter sparkles on my hands and face!

These look best hanging from my vintage frog. You can really see the shapes. Wonder how they made these out of glass?

The faded paint on this ball reminds me of tie-dyed t-shirts...just not quite as crazy.

Christmas bells, balls, tear drops, and so much more.

O, Christmas tree! O, Christmas tree!

How lovely are thy branches!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

SO Beautiful!! I love the colors of the older ornaments best!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Oh how very sweet! Lovely photos, I'm so glad I saw them.

And thanks for the tip... Do not try to wash painted ornaments lol...

Emily Cole said...

Wow, Anna - those are really cool! They wouldn't last 10 minutes in my house!

Yarni Gras! said...

these are all so lovely!