Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Third Day of Christmas

On the third day of Christmas, these vintage Santa's came to me...


Several years ago, I discovered the beauty of vintage chalkware. Was I ever thrilled when I stumbled across my first chalkware Santa bank two years ago. The colors are so vivid and fun!





The following year, I found a second chalkware Santa. He's also a bank. While his colors aren't quite as vivid, he's certainly unique.



If he wasn't vintage, I'd whip out my White Out and put some on his top lip!


When I put them in the center of the dining room table last year and surrounded them with holly, I thought it was the most beautiful centerpiece I'd ever created. The following morning, I was dismayed to find my beautiful Santa's facing the wall. When I quizzed my boys, Rick confessed to being creeped out by these Santa's. We spent the whole holiday season putting Santas in and out of time-out!




In time-out!




Out of time-out!





My third vintage Santa is very tiny. He's actually a tree ornament. Made with wire, sheer red fabric, pipe cleaners, felt, and other crafting supplies, it just rings my HAPPY bell!




Happy Ho Ho Ho to ya'll!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

LOVE the banks! Very pretty!

Chicken Boys said...

LOL! When they are in time-out they look like they are taking a leak!

LemonyRenee' said...

I love your Santas and don't find them creepy at all, but creep IS in the eye of the beholder. Actually, truth be told, I enjoy a bit of creepy. In my family, we term it, "spooky, but a good spooky." I find it hysterical when my 6 y/o deems something "a good spooky."

I came across -- and immediately snagged a chalkware santa years ago that is sitting in a cross-legged position and holds a Christmas tree bulb (old, odd size, of course!) in his hand in his lap. Ever seen one like that? I have never seen one again, but always wonder about him because he is wonderful. Thanks for sharing!