Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Reverse Resolutions!

Okay, I know everybody is busy creating their resolutions for 2010. I thought it would be interesting to look back at the promises you made to yourself as 2009 kicked itself off. Did you keep your resolutions?

My first post ever was my long list of things I wanted to do in 2009. The main thing I wanted to achieve was starting my blog. I think I can put a big old check mark beside that one! But, there are many other things on my list that I just plain old didn't do. Some, I just gave it a half-assed effort. How many did I check off of my list?
I did spend a week at Pamlico with my boys. To my surprise, I got off to a good start and felt no guilt. However, after 3 days of roughing it, I wanted to come home. Yep, there's that guilt!

Friends visiting at Pamlico...It really was fun!

As for writing a book, I have thought about it a whole lot, but, sadly, it is on my "too hard to do right now" list.


My basement workshop is an organized mess! I love spending time down there and have completed quite a few projects. I still wish it looked like a Country Home workshop, but I would have to banish all masculine people in my house from piling their boxes of "I don't know what to do with this crap" crap on my uncluttered surfaces!

The View From my Basement Workshop

I had planned to walk all of the trails of Falls Lake. I did one out of 13 trails. Maybe I should try to walk half of the trails this year! Six would be way easier to ignore than the remaining 12! I could drag Riley Dog along, hence, taking care of another resolution...getting him back into shape!



The trails behind our house

Susie and I haven't been able to go to any auctions together in quite a while. I have been by myself, though. It's an addiction that requires regular fixes! I have made quite a few "old man" friends at these places. They manage to get me wound up and I say lots of things I shouldn't say, they laugh and flirt, then help me load my treasures in my car and send me home. Tony's just glad he doesn't have to go with me!


Rick decided he didn't want his bedroom blue, so we painted it a pretty sage green. The blue paint went on the bathroom wall and was quickly covered with a khaki. The blue was hideous! Shoot me an e-mail if you would like some paint the color of Superman's tights! I'll send it to you immediately!

Uglier than I remembered!



I was allowed to accompany Will on his marching band competition this year and only mildly embarrassed him. I count this as two more check marks in the "Accomplished" column!


Their band came in 4th place! Woo hoo! Loud finger whistles!

I have survived Will learning how to drive without screaming or smacking him. Another check mark! This one will be tested again in 2011!


I have made no effort what so ever to learn how to drive my truck while towing a trailer. Forget trying to back that baby up!


I did add the Sexy Truck Guy sticker! Get yours here: www.northernsun.com Again, THANKS Chris!

I have done no traveling by myself, but would love to! As a family, we did a few trips together and enjoyed each others company.


I spent some time with my niece, but not nearly enough. I would love to have her spend a week with us in the summertime. Maybe my goal needs to be better planning. I have read while sitting on my porch. Finding time to be still is very hard for me! I finished 3 quilts that I had started, but there are many more in the pile! All of these get "Half-Assed" award.


I better spend time with this cutie while I can!

How did you do? Are you carrying around ACCOMPLISHED, HALF-ASSED, or NEVER EVEN TRIED awards from last years resolutions? Tell me about it in my comments section!

9 comments:

jamie@midcenturymania said...

I love the sexy trucker sticker. That is hilarious. I want to slap young girls upside the head that have those good girl/bad girl stickers on their cars/trucks. Young ladies, what exactly is the message your sending out?? Maybe that will be this years resolution. Maybe I'll just spray paint over them. My resolution is the same every year. Eat less, exercise more. Boring I know. And it usually lasts through January 2nd.

Chickens in the Basement said...

Thanks Madam! That wonderful sexy trucker sticker came from my buddy, Chris. Make sure you visit her at http://vintagechristine.blogspot.com/ She has a wonderful sense of humor!

Anna

Stacey said...

I too love that sticker! It's the first time I've seen it... What a great find.

I went to an auction last monday and was sorely disappointed - Loads of crapola. Wasn't even worth going to. But I did find some goodies at a local antique mall so I guess that's good.

As for last year's resolutions, I've forgotten most of them. I do remember 2: 1 was to have 100 items on Rubylane (I only have 50 right now) and to positively effect one person's life each day. I'm not sure how I did on that one - I hope I was a blessing to those around me! I need to make a list of resolutions for this year - Ones that I can keep!

By the way, love your new header... Way too cute:)

One Gal's Trash said...

I can't even remember what my New Year's resolutions were...probably what they always are...read more, walk more, cut out the carbs! Oh well, maybe next year...
Happy 2010!
Pam

Vintage Christine said...

One of my most wonderful accomplishments this year was making a friend in you, Miz Chicken! Resolutions for 2010 include trying to meet IN PERSON some of the wonderful people I've met in Blogland, lose weight (HA HA HA HA HA), stop spending money (again, HA HA HA HA)--oh good grief, forget it. The sticker came from www.northernsun.com where they have a BUNCH of good old fashioned liberal, tree-hugger commie hippie t-shirts, bumperstickers and the like. Happy New Year, cher!!!

Chicken Boys said...

Quitting smoking was not a New Year Resolution, but I did in May. But I started sneaking one here and there, and it has been getting out of hand. So there's mine for the new year. I'm not one to make resolutions, though. I figure what's the use. I'm not gonna follow through! LOL Maybe that should be mine! To follow through! Have a great new year!!
~Randy

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Gosh sweeties that was a whole year ago how in the world could I possibly remember what my resolutions were when I am sure they lasted all of one day. lol
I always have good intentions mostly healthy ones but they don't last too long.
This year I would like to get to know all of my followers a lot better and laugh with them even more
Happy New Year
Maggie
PS
that is the funnest sexy truck driver sticker I have ever seen....tooooooo funny

Mary said...

I'm not making any this year because I don't keep 'em!! I do however have this niggly little voice in my head tonight telling me things to accomplish in 2010. Most revolve around staying healthy - which of course means two glasses of champagne at midnight and then start on a healthy eating plan!!!!

I tried to send you a New Year card but they returned it - do you have a new email address Anna?

Anyway, very best wishes for a wonderful New Year to you, Tony and the boys....and your entire family.

See you next year!!!!

red.neck chic said...

LOLOLOLOL
I still haven't found the list I made last year... so is there a section here for "I have no idea"!!! This year I scrapped the resolutions... chances are they would fall in the "half assed" or "never tried" category. haha!

Girl - would I EVER want to be included in the Meet and Junk!!! Count me in!!!

Now, as for Will... sounds like you are only a few months ahead of me - which means I'm going to be looking to you for guidance. LOL Mine's testing for his permit in a few weeks (wince goes here.).

Love the view out your basement window!!! I need some serious help with my workshop...seriously.

Happy happy Happy New Year!!! I hope you have a wonderful night!!!
;-) robelyn