Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

10th Photo

Okay, I'm a little slow lately!
It's been at least a week since my buddy, Randy at Chicken Boys, tagged me to find the 10th photograph on my camera. Since the disc was empty, I went to my chicken photo file and pulled the tenth one out of there.




There really isn't a big story behind this photo. These are two of my oldest hens and certainly my two favorites, snuggling in the hen house. Cora Bell has the bars and Shakira is black. Cora is a dingy girl. She is a loner these days. She comes to the garage to look for me because she knows I'll give her snacks. When I pick her up, she snuggles in and closes her eyes.
Shakira is much more reserved. She doesn't like to be held. She is beautiful and big. She reminds me of the dignified older ladies in church.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Cool! I don't think I have 10 on there right now! Love your Chickens!!
Hugs, Lisa

Vintage Christine said...

Yeah, but which one tastes better? Oops, just kidding, Cora & Shakira!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

LOL Christine!!

They look so sweet... =)

dirtyduck said...

so you hae had them since babies? thats so neat that you get o hold her. my duck will *sort of*let me hold her. but shes used to being pet. you know...they have diapers for chickens....and ew gross what the heck is pasty but, is it even something i dare google????

Andrea said...

I have just joined to follow. Great blog. Hope to get to know you better.
Blessings, andrea

Anonymous said...

Love your chickens! You could put them in every post and I would still love to read your blog! I'm curious now about the tenth photo on my camera....probably a grandbaby!

Liz

Little Messy Missy said...

Gorgeous ladies!

Nancy K. said...

I just love any chicken that likes to be held!

Yours are lovely ladies!

red.neck chic said...

I'm sitting here singing "shakira, shakira"... and I don't even know why I know that song!!!

They are so cute!!!

:-) robelyn