Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Fever, Literally!




You know you have a bad cold when you laugh, and instead of giggles, a bark erupts from your gut followed by spasms of wheezing and a shower of really gross stuff that sprays anyone in a three foot radius! Two pack a day smoker? Nope! Spring fever with a mix of viral infection! Saturday, I spent the entire afternoon and evening on the couch. I did get out Saturday morning long enough to see the Dr. and pick up prescriptions. I managed to get some things done today, but had to rest between chores!

Thanks for the photo Netflix!

Should this cold come knocking on your door, I suggest you don't watch The Big Lebowski. Even though it has gotten poor reviews, I watched it anyway because I could download and watch on my computer (thanks again Netflix!) This is how I found out how gross and painful laughing was. Jeff Bridges plays goofy, lovable, unemployed bowler named The Dude who gets tangled up in somebody else's drama. In an effort to keep the bad guys out of his house, he nails a two by four to the floor with about 50 nails (many of them bent from a crappy hammer job). He wedges a chair behind the two by four and under the door knob, only to have the bad guys open the door and have the chair fall out. Later, The Dude returns home to discover his house has been trashed. Of course, he trips over the two by four he nailed to the floor!


I laughed so hard, I thought I would cry (from the pain and the comedy!) I gave this movie four out of five stars! I wonder if I would have liked it if I saw it in a healthy state... Hmmmm. Have you seen it?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, have seen this movie! An all -time favorite goofy movie, my whole family (except the very serious DH) loved it! I had that same thing you have not long ago. It's awful! I couldn't stop coughing at night, which is another reason not to watch a funny movie. Laughing would cause coughing spasms. (DH said what I needed was a shot of whiskey. I said, "You want me to throw up, too?") Hope you feel better soon, altho it took me about two weeks.

Liz

Maggie said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly but at least you're still laughing.
Get well soon.
~Maggie~

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

omg I LOVE netflix! Been a member since 1994, and try to watch a new or different vid every day. I'll have to pop that one in my queue.

Hope you feel better soon!

Barbara said...

I just want to go on record as NOT having given my cold to you! I hope you feel better soon!
__
Barbara
http://ifididnthaveasenseofhumor.blogspot.com

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This movie is one of my Mister's favorites! Silly funny fun. Sorry you are feeling poorly but hope you are up and feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

I have never even heard of it! But glad you enjoyed it. Hope you feel better. I already had the 3 week cold! Hope that once is all it comes around my house. Feel better.

red.neck chic said...

I have seen it... I have split my sides while watching it... I think I had to change my big girl panties a couple of times.

LOLOLOLOL

Girl - I hope you feel better!!! It's TOOOOOOOOOO beeeeeeautiful outside to be sick!!!

;-) robelyn

Amber Von Felts said...

I have been jones-ing for a Big Lebowski viewing myself! This month is the "Lebowski Fest" in LA. A bunch o fans take over a local bowling alley, view the movie, bowl and get rowdy. I have always wanted to go...maybe this year is the year! I'll keep you posted!

Draffin Bears said...

Was great to discover your blog, via Millie.
Your chickens are lovely and was something we always had when I was growing up.
This movie looks like fun and would love to watch it.
I hope that you are feeling better.

Carolyn

Keetha Broyles said...

Don't'cha just HATE a spring cold?

We SUFFERED through a flu-like deal for nearly two weeks a couple of weeks ago - - - in fact, though I feel TONS better, I still have a FEW lingering symptoms - - -

Stacey said...

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather ... Hope you feel better soon!

BadPenny said...

I bought this on reccomendation from a friend - but I haven't watched it yet !
I love it when a film does that !

Little Messy Missy said...

I LOVE that show... did you know it is considered a cult classic!

Mimi said...

I had to stop by this blog. 1.) because the name is so intriguing and 2.)because you are on the blog rolls of so many of my other faves. Now I am an official follower. You are a hoot. And I have to tell you that the Big Lebowski is my #1 favorite movie ever. (don't even get me started quoting it). The dude abides...

http://www.theskinnyjeansproject.blogspot.com/