Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Friday, March 26, 2010

More White Stuff!

Thank heavens I'm not talking about snow!
Spring has busted out all over my yard. The white shows up so pretty.

With a faint touch of pink on the quince blooms, these are beautiful and sweet.

And these little teeny blooms will soon look like snow on the ground. I can never remember if this is spirea or bridal wreath.


Star magnolia looks like ribbons blowing in the breeze.


This is the first time in 11 years that these white camellias bloomed. They are such a pure white.
Next week, these buds will be opened and my front fence will be covered in a pale yellow Lady Banks rose.
However, this afternoon, we could watch the temperature fall on our digital thermometer. This morning, we were at a balmy 65. By 5:00, we were at 47 degrees.

I'm wondering which animal will hunker down in this knot hole for this cold spring evening.

Hopefully, all of these pretty blooms won't freeze tonight as the temperature continues to drop! My electric blanket is on high!

Happy weekend!





11 comments:

Lisa said...

Lovely Whites! My sister said "you know you are in NC if you run the AC and the heat on the same day!" Amen!
Hugs, Lisa

Rose H (UK) said...

Lovely photos, all white flowers but so different. Isn't mother nature wonderful?

Barbara said...

I've never seen a star magnolia! They're beautiful! I wonder if they could grow in No. California...must check out nursery!

Happy Spring!

Andrea said...

WOW..gorgeous!!
Hope you have an awesome weekend.
Hugs, andrea

Keetha Broyles said...

Wow! I've never seen that kind of a magnolia flower.

Here in central Indiana we have NADA in the way of flowers - - - yet.

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Ooo pretty pics!

My white Lady Banks rose is blooming like crazy! As are the while blossoms on my orange trees... It's been spring here for a while now, the smell is amazing. =)

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever seen that kind of magnolia before. When I first saw it I thought you had tied ribbon to your trees! I am loving all the budding going on, but my allergies are giving me fits. I remember the first time I came to Wake Forest...it was April and pine pollen was everywhere.

Legacy of Love said...

Beautiful! My fav flowers are white ones. Wonder what will peep out of that tree hole?

Chk out Joey the donkey on my blog

Have a happy day,

Stacey said...

The ribbon flowers are beautiful! What a green thumb you have:)

Jill said...

Nothing blooming here yet--your flowers are lovely!

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

The white finds are lovely!! Thanks for stopping in to take a peek! You have gotta get down to the Depot for a visit, 88,000 feet of good junk and counting! Hugs, Janna