Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Crazy Cora

It's been REALLY cold here in North Carolina. My poor Cora is still in time out with most of the other chickens. Several months ago, she pecked Skippy in the eye while he was busy with Ruby (wink wink nudge nudge). Hence, she has no chicken to snuggle with. I'm going to have to change the name of my blog if she keeps this up. Miss Cora has moved into the garage with Riley Dog. He's too afraid to complain...he's been a victim of that eye-pecking thing, too.




NOTE: Cora did NOT poke the bottom out of the chair! It came that way! But she did pile all that crap in my garage!


3 comments:

Anne Lorys said...

"Chickens in the Garage"....hmmmm.....no.

;-)

Maybe you need goats? Howzabout a burro or two? I've got a mischievous cat you can borrow! She doesn't peck, but is an ankle biter!

Hugs,
Anne

BadPenny said...

I have a Ruby !
Roxy is my problem - she is so timid so I'm curing her with cuddles ! xx

*Ulrike* said...

Right now my chickens are out in their yard trying to figure out why it is soooo cold underneath them! Even here in the south with this cold weather we were blessed with 11 eggs yesterday!! I don't know what's wrong with these chickens since usually they don't lay as many in the winter. So, who am I to complain?!! I've enjoyed your blog and will have to look into the Birmingham meet. Sounds interesting.
Ulrike