Chickens in the Basement

I love to write and I love to laugh. When I write, I get to the point quick. My stories would fit on the back of a postcard. They usually make me chuckle. And you know what they say, "It's all about me!"

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

ROAD TRIP!!!!

Okay, I have met so many folks on-line through blogging.
For example, Chris (I'm Not Old, I'm Vintage) and I could be twin sisters if I wasn't in my 40's and she wasn't in her 50's.
We have so much in common...
Old crap, animals, creating piles, getting in the car to drive to no particular destination, self-deprecating sense of humor, BLOGGING!
Well, it seems there are lots of others out there who like the same stuff.
Well, even Octomom couldn't have birthed us all!


Pack your vintage suitcase and let's have a Family Reunion!
Let's get together on May 21 through May 23.
Leave hubby and the kids at home so you can concentrate on having fun and meeting the folks you are already friends with!
We are meeting in Birmingham, Alabama.



Why?

There are lots of thrift stores, lots of history, restaurants of every type, an airport (should you choose to fly in), Saturday morning yard sales, a La Quinta that allows you to bring your dog, and an hour road trip to a place where someone has re-created various famous churches, synagogues, etc. from FOUND JUNK.
We'll have to see if there are any auctions or estate sales in the area that weekend. How can you say no?

Borrow your child's copy of The Watsons Go to Birmingham to refresh your Civil Rights history.

Does this sound like something you'd like to do?
Shoot me an e-mail.
annasbasement (at)gmail (dot)com
I'm still gathering details and will let you know what I find out as I go.
If you know of something we should not miss in Birmingham, please tell us about it!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! Shame I'm so far away or I might have even tagged along, especially as it's my birthday May 23rd!

BadPenny said...

well if it was Birmingham Uk I could get on a train but ..... shame !

Loving our snow today xx

red.neck chic said...

I should not miss out on THIS!!! That's just what I'm thinkin'!!!

;-) I love vintage suitcases...
LOLOL

robelyn

Michelle said...

I can drive up there for the day! I have to go up to alabaster anyway for my thrift store fix. that place is like crack. DH can't even control himself in there...and he hates shopping ;)

Stacey said...

I'm really looking forward to this! Too much fun:)

The Queen of Clearance said...

wish this was closer to me! That sounds like so much fun!

Vintage Christine said...

Oh wow! It's a crew already!!! Micki cannot POSSIBLY be talking about America's Thrift Store in Alabaster--it is such a rip-off (but unfortunately, I'm drawn there like a moth to a flame whenever I visit family in B'ham). The one I want to check out is the Jimmie Hale Mission thrift--will be doing that soon.

Michelle said...

What's wrong with America's Thrift store? We've gotten some amazing finds there. I can find uniform clothes for my kids for cheap. I just got dd a sturdy looks brand new messenger bag for $1.50. she goes through school bags like candy. It's crazy.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh that sounds like fun and I'm just a couple of hours drive away so I would love to join in! You had me at Thrift Shops and other Bloggers!